Oh, Kyon, I have missed your half way monotone narration.
One thing has always bugged me about anime. For some reason, if a charcter is sleeping, they always have ridiculously thin sheets which cannot possible protect them from natural temperatures. The good thing is, Kyon’s blanket actually has some mass. The bad thing is, his feet aren’t covered. Isn’t feet incrediably important when it comes to temperatures? I actually think that feet temperature control is more important than arm temperature control.
Yes, this is going to be one long, and very random post.
I was about to say BEST BLANKET MANEUVER EVER, but then I accidentally clicked some random key on my keyboard which changed my screen orientation from landscape to portrait. In other words, I am now reading sideways, and I don’t know how to change it back. Is this what Kyon felt when he got closer to Haruhi, that his worldview wront from landscape to portrait? What kind of person installed this function anyway? I can’t imagine any situation where a person would feel like shifting their laptop and reading from it like a book. This is very, very strange.
Oh, Kyon, I have missed your half way monotone narration.
One thing has always bugged me about anime. For some reason, if a charcter is sleeping, they always have ridiculously thin sheets which cannot possible protect them from natural temperatures. The good thing is, Kyon’s blanket actually has some mass. The bad thing is, his feet aren’t covered. Isn’t feet incrediably important when it comes to temperatures? I actually think that feet temperature control is more important than arm temperature control.
Yes, this is going to be one long, and very random post.
I was about to say BEST BLANKET MANEUVER EVER, but then I accidentally clicked some random key on my keyboard which changed my screen orientation from landscape to portrait. In other words, I am now reading sideways, and I don’t know how to change it back. Is this what Kyon felt when he got closer to Haruhi, that his worldview wront from landscape to portrait? What kind of person installed this function anyway? I can’t imagine any situation where a person would feel like shifting their laptop and reading from it like a book. This is very, very strange.
Every single minor character is animated beautifully. I love movie budgets. This is especially awesome after reading many, many visual novels, where the background characters NEVER MOVE.
Oddly though, the guys can bundle up with layers and layers of clothing, but the girls are ok with just their uniform and a sweater. In real life, isn’t it the normal girls who bundle up and put on faces of shock for guys who run around in t-shirts in 0 degree weather?
See? THAT’s how it should be. I also love the subtle way the backgrounds are painted. They don’t need to be sparkly bright like Clannad or Macross to be eyecatching.
It’s too bad that the conspicuous CG gets in the way of the background porn. Now that I think about it, I can’t remember any instance where the car in the background was actually hand drawn. Is this what they call the generation gap?
Ah, denial of Christmas, the taboo event for the lonely and the single… wait, I’m not going to talk about that, it’s too depressing.
Oh, the irony, the pure, unadulterated irony! It is not Haruhi who is scheming, my dear Kyon, it is not Haruhi…
Ah, Yuki, my beloved Yuki, it is a great pleasure to see you read once again. I’m kind of disappointed that they didn’t paint the book cover though.
Ah, it is nice to see Haruhi burst into a room again. Considering that the last time I saw this was endless eight, this winder clothing is a VERY refreshing change of pace
.
Love the little background shots. They add so much to the atmosphere.
Sigh…what awkward CGs t-wait, is that Bouken desho desho beginning to play? YESSSSSSSSSSS!
It’s no Hare hare Yukai, but the little Haruhi figure at the bottom is definitely amusing to watch. Her air guitar is especially awesome.
Wait wait wait, a silhouette flying with confetti in bright colors? Did Shaft get involved with this movie?
I love how Haruhi nudges Kyon away from the heater.
I love how Haruhi enjoys the heather with the rest of the girls.
And I especially love how Kyon is desperate enough to use the computer as his heater instead. I don’t usually have a problem with being cold, so I have never done this, but has any of you done this?
Of course, cue Itsuki coming in to the room. Here, Kyon, a heat source that you can molest without problems! …did I just type that? No, no I didn’t.
And why is the picture so tiny anyway? It can be bigger and still show the little dancing Haruhi.
Some times, life throws us questions we simply cannot answer. For instance, why is there a greaky mast behind Haruhi’s face? Why are there flowers hanging upside down? Why is there a nabe pot when open fires are prohibited in the building?
I am flabbergasted.
I shared this moment with another girl who has absolutely no chance of this event occurring this Christmas. We groaned in unison.
See? They even bothered to add letters to the book. Why not a pretty cover to go along with it?
Why hello there, Mikuru’s “please, I’m begging you, don’t rape me!” face.
Interestingly enough, Kyon stops blushing and paying attention to Mikuru’s screams of terror the moment Itsuki starts speaking, this shows the amount of care that he has for- wait, I’m not going there. I must promise myself to not go there again…
I have a confession to make. I secretly have a fetish for scenes shown through reflections. Glass, mirrors, water, it doesn’t matter. As long as it’s reflected or refracted, I love to- wait wait wait, I shouldn’t be typing that. Yes, I won’t.
Ah, accidental pervert moment. Haruhi will begin to physically abuse Kyon in 3, 2, 1…
Bing bing bing bing~
…
but why 200560 years?
It’s a pleasure to meet you again, emo facial distortion.
It’s not a pleasure to meet you again, the harsh realities of life.
…that reminds me… I must begin preparations to curse everyone who has a red heart marked on their calendar for Christmas eve…
I know that schools encourage “pure” lives in Asia, but not so actively in North America. I am interested in how it works in countries on other continents. The sad thing is that they’re like antibiotics, aren’t they?
…huh…a drunk Haruhi… That could either be extremely terrifying or really adorable…
No epic blanket roll? I am disappointed.
I realized why I’m so impressed by the animation now: Bakemonogatari was completely devoid of moving things in its backgrounds, and I don’t exactly live in a heavily populated area by large Asian city standards.
…Since I read the novels, I have now the sudden urge to skip forward a bit…
Ah, Ryoko, the resident yangire! I am SO glad I didn’t skip. Yangires always make things more interesting. Just think, what would have happened to Yuki if Ryoko was never there? That would have been an epic missed moment of awesome.
……
There it is, the crazy face I’ve been trying to avoid… Sigh… I really dislike it when normally calm characters start going nuts while the rest of the people around him/her thinks he/she’s nuts. The scene where he meets Mikuru and Tsuruya is especially bad…
Correct me if I’m wrong, but Kyon does not call Haruhi because her number is no longer in his cellphone. I whole heartedly understand that feeling. It’s sad, but due to the wonders of technology, I can no longer remember any number by heart other than that of my family members. I do not blame Kyon at all for not remembering Haruhi’s number.
Ah, there she is, the end to the despair, YUKI! I love how the lighting immediately changes as we gaze upon her glorious cuteness.
On top of that, she’s practical. See that blanket she has? I wish I had that a few hours ago while I was losing the feeling in my limbs from the snow.
Also, glasses, really, really, really suit her… Guh, I think I might be developing a glasses fetish…
…yes, I know I’m just pointlessly spamming images, but she’s adorable!
I take back what I said about reflective surfaces, abusing a helpless Yuki is not nice.
See? There are details on THIS book!
…
Wait a minute, now that I think about it, the black book at the beginning wasn’t specifically written in Japanese. Could it have been the code that she created which she was reviewing. It would have been fantastic if it was.
…This is windows 95, and it is very, VERY sad…
A serious looking Yuki is awesome too…
Same with a pitter pattering-Yuki…
And this…THIS is the moment where countless fanboys were overcome with moe overdose and died.
…hmm…there are certainly many scenes shown through reflective surfaces… I wonder if some animator at Kyoani has the same fetish as me.
The moment he meowed, my cat meowed and jumped on to my lap.
Freaky.
…Reflective surface, yet again… Hmm…
Oh yes, someone at Kyoani definitely has a fetish for reflective surfaces
.
Also, that is one extremely creepy bear. Why is it that the cuter something is, the creepier it is when it’s destroyed/degraded?
This, I do not understand. The interface Yuki has impeccably neat writing, I know, but why would the human Yuki say that this looks like her writing? Even for someone with fantastic writing, this is a bit too much.
But with that cute of a face, it doesn’t really matter, does it?
…guh, this post is just degrading to me rambling about reflections and how cute Yuki is, isn’t it?
..You know what? I shouldn’t force myself to do anything that I don’t feel from the bottom of my heart.
NAGATO YUKI IS COMPLETELY ABSOLUTELY POSITIVELY DEFINITELY ADORABLE~!!!!!
http://calamitousintents.wordpress.com/2010/12/22/the-disappearance-of-haruhi-suzumiya-interrupted/
No hay comentarios:
Publicar un comentario